Sans Elle's voice (litterally ‘Without Her’) unfolds a lot of music history. Sometimes a caress and she’ll touch you with deep vibratos which remind of Sarah Vaughan, sometimes a powerful flight inherited from Stevie Wonder’s soul & blues cultures. After several years between marketing roles and the stage, a collaboration with SNCF for a compilation (100 000 copies), Sans Elle finally set-up her label SAY YAY! and wrote, produced & released her debut album ' Beyond' in late 2014.
Gathering 14 musicians from France, Switzerland, India, Japan, Colombia, Argentina, Australia, Cuba...'Beyond' is a shimmering invitation beyond aesthetical and geographical boundaries. All faces of Afro-American music, from jazz, soul, groove to blues and gospel mix with latin grooves or pop sounds.
Rewards & Qualifications
- - Winner of Jazz en Baie (Diane Reeves, Gregory Porter..) 2015
- - Finalist of Golden Jazz Trophy (jury Archie Shepp) 2015
- - Semi-finalist of Shure Montreux Jazz Voice Competition (selected by Al Jarreau) 2015
- - Vocal coffee 3rd prize 2015
- - Selection for Crest Vocal contest 2016
- - Beyond was aired on a dozen international FM, web radios and blogs of which RFI, Swiss Radio, Chérie FM, Aligre FM, Soul Tracks (USA).
- - « The best 2014 jazz and soul album » for Polynésie Première which airs it daily for several months (200 000 listeners).
- - "Her first album is a beautiful discovery between jazz & contemporary soul (...) Definitely an artist to keep an eye on." according to Soul Bag.
DOWNLOAD BIO (.pdf)
DOWNLOAD PRESS KIT (.pdf)
'Sans Elle is the French Jazz revelation of the year.'
' A rising voice in French Jazz. '
'Classy with a capital C, the best vocal jazz & soul album of 2014'
George Bonazzelli, Polynésie Première.
'A voice that reminds the warm shades & subtle sparkles of beautiful fabrics'
Félix Marciano (Jazz Mag, Jazzman)
"Her first album is a beautiful discovery between jazz & contemporary soul. Unlike many of her pairs, she chooses the path of an entirely original repertoire in English & French which she embodies with a voice that at times resembles Niki Yanofski's. Definitely an artist to keep an eye on."
'Great warm sounding jazz musicians supporting adventurous soul sound '
'Superb album. What a groove !'
J-M Gélin (Les dernières nouvelles du jazz)
SoulTracks First Listen Check the review
'An artist to be discovered asap. Her album is our team's crush'
' (...) A delightful show where Sans Elle unselfconsciously unfolds lovely melodies, chosen words '
La Voix du Luxembourg Read the article (in FR)
'Sans Elle is at times a sensual whisper then a powerful flight of soul'
Sortir à Lille